Rockdale unemployment exceeds metro rate in Feb. | News
ATLANTA -- Metro Atlanta's unemployment rate declined to nine percent in February.
The Georgia Department of Labor announced Thursday that the preliminary unemployment rate is down one-tenth of a percentage point from a revised 9.1 percent in January.
In Rockdale County, the jobless rate was 10.2 percent in February.
Statewide, Georgia's February seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined for the seventh consecutive month to 9.1 percent -- the lowest rate since March of 2009, when it was also 9.1 percent.
Metro Dalton had the state's highest area unemployment rate at 12.3 percent. Metro Athens had the lowest area rate at seven percent.
Upcoming Events near Conyers
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rockdale County career fair brings together jobseekers and employers
- Rockdale County wins Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- College and Career Readiness: Rockdale County
- Volunteers encouraged to sign up for 2014 Great American Cleanup
- Donation drive to benefit Rockdale County Animal Shelter