Threat of wildfires soars in Ga. | News
ATLANTA -- Forecasters warn the threat of wildfires is high across much of Georgia, and any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
The National Weather Service issued a red flag warning for high fire danger from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
The warning covers north and central Georgia, where winds are expected to gust up to 25 mph. Forecasters say humidity will be low, helping to create potentially dangerous fire conditions.
In metro Atlanta, brush fires poured smoke on interstates on Tuesday, causing poor visibility. Firefighters in DeKalb County battled blazes along I-20 and I-285.
Upcoming Events near Conyers
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rockdale County career fair brings together jobseekers and employers
- Rockdale County wins Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- College and Career Readiness: Rockdale County
- Volunteers encouraged to sign up for 2014 Great American Cleanup
- Donation drive to benefit Rockdale County Animal Shelter